September 22, 2007

Geisha Chocolate

Filed under: Finnish Chocolate — admin @ 8:38 pm

finlandGeisha is a chocolate from Finland, which is manufactured by the Fazer chocolate factory.

Fazer was founded in 1891 by Karl Otto Fazer, a son of Swiss immigrants, in Helsinki. In that time Finland was part of the Russian empire, and not a free and independent nation. Since his childhood the son of a Swiss furrier was interested in chocolates and coffee. He always wanted to learn how to make good chocolate.

geisha chocolate schokolade

So Karl Otto Fazer learned how to make chocolates in Paris, Berlin and Saint Petersburg. When he was 25 years old, he returned home to Finland and opened his first coffee house. But his true love was the manufacture of chocolate. Three years later he opened his chocolate factory which exists until today.

geisha chocolate schokolade

Geisha is made of tender milk chocolate and filled with a soft and crispy hazelnut cream. The chocolate tastes quite alright. I think it’s a bit too sweet, could be more cacao included, and there is too much milk inside.  Not a product which throws me out of my shoes, but a sweet and nice enjoyment for in between.

1. I’d like to try Finnish chocolate it looks nicer than the boring British chocolate I’m used to, the wrapper even looks nicer, and the shape the chocolate is made in too. I wish the British were more creative…..

Comment by Travis — April 11, 2008 @ 7:18 pm

2. were I come from I can get lots and lots of British chocolate, Cadbury or Nestlé some chocolate from Lidle the German supermarket, that chcolate swiss brand linte or something like that. Or some supermarket brands it all tastes the same and is annoying and boring. Apart from the german chocolate it’s nice but I don’t go to Lidle often because it’s too far away, and because the one nearest to me is suppose to be ‘cursed’ or so my granny says. well that’s because evey time we go to that oje a few days later my mother end up in hospital with a clot. my granny is supersticious. Lidles is cool.

Comment by Travis — April 11, 2008 @ 7:28 pm

3. Good days. It is disturbing you from Azerbaijan,from the company of ARS LLC. I have been acquanted with your products and I liked them very much. How can I find the website of koncret “Geisha” and contact with the export manager. Thanks for your attention.
    Sincerely,
    Eminova Narmina
    (994) 55 688 57 27
    (994) 12 5 67 83 79

Comment by Narmina Eminova — May 14, 2008 @ 9:14 am

4. I tasted this while in finland and it has to one of the nicest chocolates I have ever com across. i recommend it to anyone who likes chocolate.

Comment by Jess — March 28, 2009 @ 7:39 pm

5. I love Geisha chocolate!!

Comment by Iva — September 29, 2009 @ 1:56 am

6. Hi,

I were in finland for 3 months. At that time, I need to take at 10 geisha choclates per day. I love very much this choclates ……

Gangadhar

Comment by Gangadhar — November 6, 2009 @ 6:55 pm

7. I’m surprised you rated this lower than the other Finnish chocolates. I live in Finland and chocolate is one of my soft spots. Geisha is probably my favourite Finnish chocolate. All Fazer made are really good, they are also quite innovative, all kinds of tastes. The one with salty liquorice filling is also heavenly, but not for munching. Same with Geisha, really. Actually, all fazer chocolates are something you eat little at a time. Most Finns (to my experience) buy Marabou (swedish) for munching, it has more caramel-like taste. I recommend peanut Marabou. 🙂

Comment by Hemmo — December 17, 2009 @ 10:05 pm

8. is there any place in the middle east where we can buy these chocolates? thank you…

Comment by aldo — January 23, 2010 @ 12:07 pm

9. i bought this chocolate from dubai international airport.

Comment by emy — April 9, 2010 @ 3:08 pm

10. im from canada and when i was in finland i fell deeply in love with this chocolate, know where i can get some here?

Comment by kim — June 27, 2010 @ 6:11 am

11. Geisha is the best! Every time a friend goes to Finland I make them bring me back some Geisha chocolates! Another friend found them in Prague. Now if only they would come to America …..

Comment by Jeffrey — July 29, 2010 @ 11:54 pm

12. I tested when i was in dubai and it was very deleshies.ym ym

Comment by bmg 911 — October 7, 2010 @ 11:27 am

13. Geisha is my favourite chocolate. I use to take atleast one bar a day, when i was in Sweden. I would rate this chocolate as best i ever had.

Comment by Arun Sampath — October 11, 2010 @ 1:32 pm

14. These chocalates are too good.

Bought many of these during my stay here in Finland.

Comment by Amol — December 24, 2010 @ 3:08 pm

15. ouhhh.. Geisha is the best chocolate ever! wish it sells in UK

Comment by lana — December 25, 2010 @ 7:42 pm

16. The best chocolate.

Comment by Rene — January 30, 2011 @ 7:50 am

17. We have it in Sweden too!

Comment by Allah — April 16, 2011 @ 10:27 am

18. I’m so in love with this geisha chocolate candy !!!
    Where i can i buy this great taste geisha ? I’m from
    the Philippines..

Comment by ma.jennifer san juan — September 4, 2011 @ 8:20 am

19. I really like Fazer products. I also like the Panda chocolate with Mint filling. One of my favorite ones is Geisha with orange. Very good 🙂 Didn’t know that they don’t sell them in many countries.

Comment by Sandy — February 15, 2012 @ 2:25 am

20. how can i ordret to qatar ???

Comment by nn — May 20, 2012 @ 9:53 am

21. how qan i ordret to qatar ???

Comment by nn — May 20, 2012 @ 9:54 am

22. I am also surprised you did not like this one more.

To me, this is one of the best widely distributed Scandinavian chocolates.

As you have discovered, Marabou rules supreme among plain milk chocolates in Scandinavia, but I think Fazer’s Geisha and Wienernougat are the best ones with a filling. I really recommend Wienernougat, it’s very addictive. There are also a few other Marabou chocolates you should try. My personal favourites are Marabou Frukt & Mandel and Marabou Nötchoklad (used to be called Schweizernöt).

Comment by Ulderan — July 30, 2012 @ 10:31 am

23. You can get Geisha from airports around the world.

Comment by A Finn — July 31, 2012 @ 3:30 pm