September 24, 2007

Olympia Chocolate

Filed under: Hungarian Chocolate — admin @ 7:39 pm

olympia chocolate hungaryOlympia is a chocolate from Hungary.

Manufacturer is the company in Budapest called: “Choko Service BT” (Ihasz u. 28, 1105 Budapest, Hungary).

On the wrapping I can read the chocolate bar is a milk chocolate with raisins and hazelnut.

olympia chocolate

The first experience is a very sweet taste. The second thing I recognize is quite a cheap taste. This product is surely no high quality premium chocolate. Where is the content of cacao? I could not taste it, and I also could not find an information about the content of cacao on the wrapping. This is extremely poor!

olympia chocolate

After a short time the chocolate becomes a fat taste, and at the end of my very first little piece of Olympia Chocolate I even feel disgusted. There are raisins and hazelnuts in the chocolate? I was not able to find, or to taste those kinds of ingredients. Summary: a very disappointing chocolate product. The worst chocolate I have tried on this website up to now. If all chocolates from Hungary taste like that, I am very sorry for the Hungarian chocolate lovers.

1. I’m a Hungarian chocolate lover. I can make you sure of there are many qualitative chocolates in Hungary. Olympia is not really a chocolate, it’s rather a fake, a chocolate imitation. If you want to taste delicious Hungarian chocolates, I recommend you the followings: Piros Mogyorós, Balaton Szelet, Sport Szelet.

Comment by Farkas Árpád — October 19, 2007 @ 5:29 pm

2. and szerencsi chocolate, and boci chocolate, and …:)

Comment by szlart — October 29, 2007 @ 7:39 pm

3. My, oh my! Are we talking chocolate or just crap?
    1. Never let anything resembling chocolate
    get into your mouth containing vanillin or artificial or nature identical vanilla aroma. The feeling of crap is granted.
    2. You tried one of the worst from the bucket if not the worst. However the chocs suggested for you by the previous commenters are a) not made in Hungary for a long time now.
    b) are cheap industrial imitations not chocolate.
    There is no good or even real chocolate made in Hungary from bean to bar.
    3. You’ll prob’ly never taste it but just take a look at the site of actually the only serious chocolate manufacturer of Hungary: http://www.rozsavolgyi.com
    This IS chocolate, both the bars and the pralines (though not yet from the bean but from Barry pistoles). The real thing, almost the same level as you find it at Catinari, Domori, Slitti, Cluizel or Debauve et Gallais.
    IMHO, btw go get some real Italian and French bars around 60-90%. Your purse will suffer but you get an experience that’ll change your taste forever. Just forget about the rest. Try and you’ll see what I mean. And if you stick to Austria, try Wenschitz or Zotter.

Comment by Domenico — November 3, 2007 @ 2:48 am

4. The worst ‘chocolate’ I’ve ever tried, too! In Estonia this chocolate is sold under the name of ‘sweet bar’, because it has too little cocoa in it to be called chocolate. Extremely disappointing! I’ve never understood people who voluntarily eat it.

Comment by Evelin — March 16, 2008 @ 4:43 pm

5. http://www.rozsavolgyi.com/

Comment by Sheky — April 16, 2009 @ 8:50 pm

6. I am a Hungarian girl,
    and I assure you there is a lot of good and even better chocolat in Hungary than that, and I even don’t know this olympia brand, anyway…
    Piros Mogyorós, Boci, Tibi, Párizs kocka, Melódia, Sport szelet etc…
    U must to try. 🙂
    Bye, and thanx for this site!

Comment by Zsanna — June 27, 2011 @ 7:06 pm

7. I forgot, The -Szamos-! One of the best!

Comment by Zsanna — June 27, 2011 @ 7:07 pm

8. I am Hungarian, but never heard of Olympia chocolate… Gerbaud was a good choice though. Try Szerencsi

Comment by trickybilly — September 20, 2014 @ 8:55 pm