January 24, 2008

Sirius Chocolate

Filed under: Icelandic Chocolate — admin @ 11:35 pm

icelandAnother exotic chocolate from Iceland: Sirius Rjomasukkuladi med hnetum.

The chocolate is manufactured in Icelandics capital Reykjavik (Hesthalsi 2-4). The name of the chocolate factory is “NOI SIRIUS”.

sirius chocolate iceland

The first impression of Sirius is an experience of light chocolate with a lot of big hazelnuts.

sirius chocolate iceland

I think this is one of my lightest chocolate in life, althought the content of cocoa amounts 33 percent. I have never experienced such a light taste of chocolate before.

sirius chocolate iceland

There is also a slight taste of milk and vanilla. Sirius Chocolate is an exotic chocolate from the Norhern Atlantic.

sirius chocolate iceland

I would say Sirius has a very unique taste. The strong and full taste is missing. Maybe I am not used to such a flavour, but I would not rate it as a bad chocolate. Let’s put it in those words: Sirius was a very interesting chocolate experience from Iceland.

sirius chocolate

1. This Chocolate got a wonderful taste if your a milk chocolate lover .

Comment by alexander — August 26, 2009 @ 3:52 pm

2. When an aunt of mine came to visit me, she brought some bars of Noi Sirius 33% Milk Chocolate, and I’m pretty much hooked. I think it’s amazing. I’m trying to find someplace to buy it because my aunt can’t remember where she got it!

Comment by Jessa — October 15, 2009 @ 11:17 pm

3. I get Noi Sirius at the Whole Foods here in University Heights. They have milk, semi-sweet (56%) and bittersweet (70%) – I buy the bittersweet but want to try the milk chocolate one of these days. The dark is very very very smooth. It lists 0 fiber, which I find odd, since all other darks list about 3 gm/oz.

Comment by julie — November 19, 2009 @ 12:14 am

4. I live in Iceland and Sirius is very popular here and it´s available as clean – with nuts – with nuts and raisins and with something similar to rice krispies.
    The firm has been making candy since the 1920´s.
    I would not say it´s the best chocolate available but I think it´s very good.

Comment by Örn Leifsson — May 2, 2010 @ 3:47 pm

5. Here you can buy Icelandic products including the Noi Sirius Chocolate bars

Comment by Ragnar — May 6, 2010 @ 11:08 am

6. This chocolate is very good! Pure, and very rich texture as well. I give it 5 stars!

Comment by Emma Larson — September 23, 2010 @ 4:38 am

7. I bought my Sirius Icelandic milk chocolate with orange bar at the Reykjavik airport. I thought it was supreme, but I love milk chocolate.

Comment by Leia — February 13, 2013 @ 6:42 am

8. Love your chocolates. Would like to order different kinds. Please leave me a website or order catalogue.
    Thank you. Vicki Anderson