February 7, 2008

Reber Chocolate

Filed under: German Chocolate — admin @ 10:45 pm

reber chocolateReber is a chocolate manufacturer from Germany, located directly on the border to Austria.

The company is Germanies market leader in Mozart chocolates.

The factory of Reber produces 500.000 Mozart chocolates in one single day.

Reber exists since more than 140 years and is still in family property.

reber chocolate

I bought the Reber “hochfeine Confiserie Praline Pasteten” and had a lot to taste in the past days.

reber chocolate

This is the extra chocolate box of Germanies traditonal chocolate manufacturer “Reber.

reber chocolate

So here we are going to have the main item of the Reber chocolate factory: the Echte Reber Mozartkugel.

reber chocoate

The coating consists of tender milk chocolate which melts smoothly on the tongue. The filling is an ennourmos mass of pistachio with an intensive character. It’s almost that strong you might expect an alcoholic filling. But officially there is no alcoholic filling. The Echte Reber Mozartkugel is quite unusual in the taste, compared with a Mozartkugel from Austria, but I would say it taste not too bad.

Rebers Malakoff Pastete.

reber chocolate

Covered with dark chocolate and filled with raisins and a heavy cream. Quite a tough chocolate for the stomach, but I would characterize it as “interesting”.

esterhazy pastete

Esterhazy Pastete

reber chocolate

Esterhazy Pastete is a crispy bite with marzipan and nougat, covered with milk chocolate from Bavaria.

Biedermeier Pastete.

biedermeier pastete

Biedermeier Pastete has an alcoholic filling of egg liqueur. The fancy chocolate is also filled with marzipan and curacao. The dark chocolate is very thin and cracks loudly.

reber chocolate

Nuss Pastete has a refreshing taste of nuts and a coating of fine milk chocolate.

mozart pastete

Mozart Pastete.

mozart pastete

Hazelnuts nougat in brandy truffles and pistachio covered in fancy milk chocolate.

Reber Bissen

reber chocolate

No this one tastes disgusting. There is just too much cream inside.

Constanze Kugel.

reber chocolate

The pistachio filling of this chocolate ball is very strong and intensive. There is also nougat in the core and you might also find roasted hazelnuts. The ball is covered withe the finest milk chocolate from Reber.

1. Me encantan esos chocolates y quiero saber si en guatemala tienen algún lugar en donde comprarlos.

Comment by shayla — July 1, 2009 @ 10:17 pm

2. Haha, its interesting how tastes are different.
    I bought the same box and I only have the nuss pastete, esterhazy and biedermeier pastete to eat left and I thought that out of the four I ate, the Reber Bissen was the best one. (and I couldn’t eat the schloss malakoff entirely because I would have vomited XD I really think that one is the disgusting pastete X3 lol)

Comment by Caffei — September 17, 2009 @ 2:39 am

3. Hello, Are any of these confections the same as what was featured in the movie “Amadeus”? “Wolfie” offers “Stanzie” a candy in the parlor that he calls “Nipples of Venus.” Wondered if that classic confection is still made, what it is called now, if something different, if that was a “popular name” for a candy with another title or if “Nipples” was just made up for the movie? I saw these candies in a display case at my opticians and just couldn’t stop wondering if the Mozart brand and the shape of the foil bonbons were what I saw in the movie. Thanks for any enlightenment. Danke!
    Lisa Wallace

Comment by Lisa Wallace — February 24, 2010 @ 9:15 pm

4. I had a severe allergic reaction to die echte reber mozart kugel. Please provide any information about history of allergic reactions to this food and whether it is the pistachio, hazelnut, or some other ingredient that is likely the cause of my allergic reaction. Thank you.

Comment by Steven Hirschfeld — May 19, 2010 @ 12:55 am

5. were in canada can these be purchased. a friend just came back from Germany and brought them back. i totally enjoyed them.

Comment by Daphne — September 9, 2010 @ 7:39 pm

6. were in canada can these be purchased

Comment by Daphne — September 9, 2010 @ 7:40 pm

7. I enjoy the majority of these chocolates, I have had all the ones from the advent calendar and its become a yearly tradition. Some of the brandied raisin ones like the malakoff one spoken of are not to my liking but most folk from Europe enjoy them greatly like my parents.

Comment by AJ — September 28, 2010 @ 3:48 am

8. You can find these chocolates in Toronto at the St. Lawrence Market. Go downstairs and in the back corner of the market (northwest corner) there is a bulk store that also has a large selection of chocolates including the Mozart kugeln. Also you could probably find them at Brandt in the Dundas and Dixie area. Enjoy!

Comment by oliver — November 7, 2010 @ 4:06 pm

9. we did notz requirez anyz ofz thesez chochzz, i had a very disturbing stomach after eating my Constanze Kugel. it tasted like a strudle noodle thank-you and good byez

Comment by bob shnanders — November 25, 2010 @ 11:36 am

10. it smells like my dogs b

Comment by bob shnanders — November 25, 2010 @ 11:37 am

11. hola vivo en cali(valle) colombia y me gustaria saber donde puedo conseguir estas chocolatinas que son tan deliciosas gracias

Comment by olga lucia vanegas — March 21, 2011 @ 5:32 pm

12. Dear Frşend at Reber Chocholates,
    My name is Hande Aksu. I am from United States but currently living in Istanbul/Turkey. I am the founder of Moms of Zeck club where all professional moms meet in Turkey Zeck.
    I came here to Salzburg yesterday for some cancer treatment but because yesterday was Saturday I was walking on the streets of hupstadt. I went to a store where reber chocholates are sold. My son who is 3 years old pulled me to purchase a violin shaped choclate. I purchased the chocholate with my sons request. Also I asked to the lady there to give me a sa mple of chocholate I purchased. She gave me a dşfferent heart shaped chocholate and when I asked why she gave me a different one she said she didnt know what I purchased.. She only needed to ask me what I purchased and what I want to taste but I was never asked that… Then I showed her the one I purchased and she said she cant give me samples of that one.
    I am very confused as a customer and very dşsappointed with the treatment I received.
    Please tell me why store acts like this? Is it something special to Austrians or your customer policy or just a mistake sales person did??

Comment by Hande aKSU — November 13, 2011 @ 12:50 pm

13. My eldest son and I have been coming to Austria for the past 15 years and have visited your shops in Salzburg and in Bad Reichenhall each year, and we have always bought chocolates for our friends and relatives plus I have bought them for the U3A Germn class in Carlisle and never have I had a poor comment on your chocolates , in fact I am always being asked when am I going on holiday to Austria next. They wish me to buy them the ones they prefer. I would like you please say if I can order for them and use my credit card on the bank in WERFEN with which I have an account. Thank you

Comment by Edward Ford — February 29, 2012 @ 8:34 pm

14. WERE IN UNITED KINGDOM CAN THESE BE PURCHASED

Comment by REBER PRALINE PASTETEN — December 10, 2012 @ 3:55 pm

15. Hello? where is in Berlin shop of reber chocolate or where is can i buy it?

Comment by Maxim — July 22, 2014 @ 9:07 am