April 1, 2008

IKEA Chocolate

Filed under: Swedish Chocolate — admin @ 9:01 pm

swedenI bought the Ikea Chocolate, guess where, directly from the IKEA store.

The wrapping is quite loveless. A brown colour with yellow letters and the explanation of the word “Milk chocolate” in different languages like: Mjölkchoklad, Chocolate con leche, Milchschokolade, Chocolat au lait, Chocolate de leite, Greek letters and Cioccolato al latte as well as Maitosuklaa.

ikea chocolate

The chocolate was made in the Swedish town of Helsingborg. But also Germany was involved in the manufacturing of this chocolate bar. Anyway, this is going to be my first chocolate review of Swedish chocolate.

ikea chocolate

The chocolate has a content of cocoa of 30 percent. This is quite alright. At first I thought to taste a bit too much fat. I am not sure if this was a misunderstanding of my sense of taste or not. Well, this were also the only negative points. By such a loveless wrapping you do not really expect a high quality product.

ikea chocolate

But I must say after one or two minutes the taste becomes quite milky and creamy. Then it’s a true enjoyment to have such a chocolate in the mouth.

I would say IKEA is quite a good treat if you like milk chocolates. But if there would be a more attractive wrapping, the chocolate would also receive a better review. By such a wrapping the chocolate looks very poor.

1. Hullo,

I tried IKEA chocolate for the first time today (my brother bought some). I then went to look it up on the internet, and yours was the first or second page on Google.

I also didn’t like the loveless wrapper very much—I should have let the chocolate sit in my mouth for a minute or two, but I just bit it and ate it in 20 seconds. I prefer sweeter chocolate, but maybe IKEA chocolate would taste better if I ate it more slowly.

Comment by Michael — May 2, 2008 @ 12:29 pm

2. Where Can I get the chocolate its very good. I want to buy some please let me know.

Comment by Jose — June 4, 2008 @ 11:37 pm

3. We purchase around 200 cartons of Paradis Choclate boxes made by Marabou in Sweden each Christmas, which we use as gifts to our customers.

Can we buy these at bulk pricing from you?

Thanks.

Steve Bjorkman
    President

Comment by SBjorkman — November 6, 2008 @ 9:18 pm

4. I think that this chocolate is especially made for IKEA, you can’t find it at any normal supermarket in Sweden. I prefer Marabou though 🙂

Comment by Anna — March 17, 2009 @ 7:42 am

5. […] é verdadeiramente muito bom, mas como é raro ter-se um amigo polaco, sugiro então os baratos chocolates do IKEA que por meio euro quase justificam uma ida ao MarShopping, seguida depois, noite dentro por um […]

Pingback by ministério da criatividade [o blog] — May 26, 2010 @ 6:33 pm

6. I was a big fan of Ikea Chocolate (especially the dark) until I got my second batch of bars. I used to keep a bunch handy for various needs. However the second batch I got, and the third batch, too, have an aftertaste like mildew. Has anyone else encountered this nasty aftertaste? I’ve looked online for other instances of mildew or mold in chocolate, and have not found any. One clerk at Ikea said she’d heard the complaint about an earlier batch of chocolate, but that these should be fine (they weren’t). So I’m wondering if I’m alone in tasting this?

Comment by Andrew — September 1, 2010 @ 4:11 am

7. Andrew-just opened a bar (first time trying it) of Ikea dark chocolate, took a bite and have the aftertaste of mold in my mouth as I type! Was already on line so googled “Ikea chocolate moldy” and found this site. First (hopefully last) disappointing Ikea experience. You are not alone. We have no Ikeas around us (go to them when traveling) so it’s into the trash…

Comment by Wendy — April 26, 2011 @ 12:57 am

8. Hi,
    I’ve never tasted mold in the dark chocolate bars. I find them lovely, just the right mix of chocolate and only slightly sweet.

Comment by nancy — May 22, 2011 @ 7:43 pm

9. I checked these Ikea-chocllates and they are made in Germany, and not in Sweden.
    I was actually chocked and had to double-check. I thought Ikea sold Swedish products, but they said it had stopped.
    They call it Swedish Food shop, but sell German products here in UK. Honest?

Comment by Marcus — May 26, 2011 @ 11:21 pm

10. You gotta be kidding me this is not chocolate not in a european sense. It reminded me of a bargain bin holiday candy seen at a regular super market. I spend a good deal of time in sweden and have seen swedes spit this stuff out.

Comment by jim — December 14, 2011 @ 8:38 pm

11. IKEA used to sell Marabou chocolates but does so no more.
    The present products lack in quality and are very disappointing! The only thing that lures me to the store are SKORPOR!

Comment by anita — June 8, 2012 @ 12:50 am

12. IKEA used to sell Marabou chocolates but does so no more. The present products are very disappointing. The only thing that lures me to the store now is SKORPOR!

Comment by anita — June 8, 2012 @ 12:52 am

13. Frist time I bought choclaits from ikea
    But I was dis appointed bcoz in ingredients I have
    Saw that may b geliten in it
    That means its not hallal for us
    Plz let me no its hallal or not

Comment by Greenamberrose — September 2, 2012 @ 11:16 am

14. I don’t know what happen to IKEA. .you have nothing anymore. The choklad is bad but ikea don’t care they need MOORE money. Bye. Garbagge and sell ! Well I am going. To the swedish churse in San Pedro. They have the swedish choklad. Forget Ikea. !!!!!!!!!

Comment by berit norlen — November 18, 2013 @ 1:19 am

15. I don’t know what happen to IKEA. .you have nothing anymore. The choklad is bad but ikea don’t care they need MOORE money. Bye. Garbagge and sell ! Well I am going. To the swedish churse in San Pedro. They have the swedish choklad. Forget Ikea. !!!!!!!!!You can’t say it. Knoff

Comment by berit norlen — November 18, 2013 @ 2:17 am