November 24, 2008

Villars Chocolate

Filed under: Swiss Chocolate — admin @ 8:12 pm

switzerlandAfter quite a long time I have found a chocolate bar from Switzerland again. The chocolate factory called “Villars” is located in Fribourg. A town with a mainly French population.

Villars Maitre Chocolatier Suisse exists since 1901. As their website is completely in French language, I have no additional informations about the companies history.

villars chocolate

My Villars chocolate bar has the label “Larmes de Kirsch”. It’s bittersweet chocolate with a liquid filling of cherry spirits. The wrapping looks quite alright. It seems the chocolate wont taste too cheap. In fact the price in the chocolate shop was not too cheap anyway.

villars chocolate

My first impression is a noble taste of bittersweet chocolate. The content of cocoa amounts 53 percent. This is the perfect ratio. The taste is just perfect. After a while the cherry spirits comes through the chocolate and I have a nice experience of the finest cherry spirits. It’s quite warm running down my throat. Lovely!

villars chocolate

Yes, I like Villars. It’s difficult to stop eating if you once have started. Usually I am not such a fan of liquid chocolate fillings, but Villars made a really good job. Of course a chocolate experience of more than 100 years pays well in this case.

villars chocolate

Finest spirits made of cherries and great bittersweet chocolate. I really love it! Well done French speaking Swissmen! 🙂

1. Sorry for correcting, but I cannot ignore the mistakes you made. Information is an uncountable noun, so it can never be plural. The sentence would be correct this way: „I have no additional information about the company’s history.”

Comment by Farkas Árpád — November 26, 2008 @ 10:07 pm

2. Since I am from Switzerland I am very familiar with Villars Chocolats. Always been enjoyed by the whole family with much pleasure. Would like to know if you also have Larmes de Kirsch chocolates with the Milk Chocolate versus the bittersweet?
    Sure hope so!!!!!!! Thank you.

Comment by Marguerite Deeg — June 4, 2009 @ 7:05 pm

3. I too have fallen in love with this producgt, but where does one find it in the United States? Or how does one order it to be shipped here?

Comment by Jane — June 21, 2009 @ 5:47 am

4. Dear Sir,
    I representate a jordanian company,which would like to buy a large quantity of csokolates containing alchohol.Till this moment I didn’t find in Hungary such products. Please send me product information, catalouges , prices in dollars, shipment cost to Jordan.In this business I am a mediator , how much commission would you pay me in this case??

I need a reply ASAP.

Regards,
    Dr.Faisal Al-Dulaimi-Hungary
    mobile: 00 36 20 388 4550

Comment by Dr.Faisal — October 30, 2009 @ 12:55 pm

5. I am looking for villars dark chocolate wth coffee nibs. where can i get it in Toronto Canada?

I used to be able to get it at Brantd meatpackers outlet store but I can’t find it tehre any more.

Can you tell me where I ca get it?

Eleni.

lelly@rogers.com

Comment by eleni antoniou — December 15, 2009 @ 10:29 pm

6. Hey! Do you have the factory telephone number..?? I need it! Thank you very much

please reply danovizalabella@hotmail.com!

Comment by Daisy Villars — March 21, 2010 @ 9:01 pm

7. I had this great dark chocolate from Trader Joe’s on Long Island N.Y.its a shame they don’t carry it no more because it was probably the best chocolate i ever had it was 72% coco.

Comment by Gary Carlson — May 6, 2010 @ 12:41 am

8. Respected Sir,
    Hope you are in the best of your health.It was Indeed a Great pleasure to Know about your Company.I have been through your Website & Distinguished the products of my Interest.As you must be Aware India is a very huge & Competitive market.We request you to Quote the best Competitive FOB Prices.
    We won’t ask for any Promotional Amount from your Company,We shall manage all the Expenses of Displays ,Advertisements on our Cost & We shall also Intimate timely the Promotions done.I look forward to have a long Mutually Beneficial Relation in the near Future.Awaiting for you positive Response.Our Interest for the Indian Market is for the entire Range of ‘VILLARS “Chocolates bar in 100 & 300 gms.Any questions Please be free to Call / Write.Attached is the Company Profile for your kind Persual.

Warm Regards,
    Vivek.J.Katyal.
    Global Tradelinks.
    M.k.r.Foods.Pvt.Ltd
    Director.
    +91-9820238201.
    +91-9320238201.

Comment by VIVEK.J.KATYAL — May 12, 2010 @ 8:20 am

9. We love the Villars chocoloat a l’ancienne, but the store where we used to buy it has closed and now we don’t know where to buy this wonderful chocolate in our area. We live in Northern Kentucky, near Cincinnati, Ohio, our zip code is 41017.

I hope you can help us find a local store for this product.

Thank you!
    Michelle

Comment by Michelle Lierl — June 13, 2010 @ 5:12 pm

10. hi to every VILLARS staff hope u are going good and enjoy your job. I need your help u know one of my family gave me some villars chocolate when he come back from holiday. When i’v eat it. It was really different from the others i’v even ask him more. I live in Mauritius it found in the Indian Ocean can u tell me u have any agent in my country or if any company import from u here. If u dot have i can work for u am sure it will really work here especialy kids. If u can mail me all detail price list minimum quantity shipment and your working condition,rules. Waiting for a positive answer from u Best regards vishan

Comment by vishan sohun — October 19, 2010 @ 7:33 am